Congratulations Ms. Emina Jasarevic, a fourth year Bastyr University naturopathic medical student. Ms Jaseravic’s essay on the importance of removing Bisphenol A from the American consumer’s diet stood out from the many excellent submissions.
Press Release: .doc .pdf
2008 Standard Process Whole Food Nutrition Scholarship
The Institute for Natural Medicine (INM), a philanthropic foundation founded in 1993 for the purpose of promoting naturopathic education and research, is proud to announce the Standard Process Whole Food Nutrition Scholarship program for naturopathic medical students. INM will award a $2500.00 scholarship for 2008 to a naturopathic medical student. Selection of the scholarship recipient will be competitive and based upon papers written by the candidates on such topics as scholarly research, clinical case studies, scientific research and education methodology pertaining to whole food nutrition.. Students from each of the following programs are eligible to apply to receive an award:
- University of Bridgeport, College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Bastyr University, School of Naturopathic Medicine
- Natural College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Boucher Institute
- National University of Health Sciences
Who is eligible?
- You must be enrolled full-time in a CNME accredited (or candidate for accreditation) naturopathic doctoral program.
- You must have completed at least one year of study, and have a sustained record of outstanding scholastic achievement. Incoming first-year students are not eligible to apply.
- You must have demonstrated a strong commitment to studying, investigating or practicing with the whole food nutrition perspective.
- INM celebrates diversity. All students are encouraged to apply.
How do I apply?
The Standard Process Whole Food Nutrition Scholarship winner will be announced on Friday, May 30, 2008. Applications will be available on Tuesday, April 1, 2008, and may be obtained through the financial aid offices at any institution that offers a CNME accredited naturopathic doctoral program, or on-line at www.naturemed.org .
Applications and all attachments must be submitted to INM or the institution’s financial aid office no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 7 , 2008 to be considered. No late applications will be accepted.
Please follow the application directions carefully. Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be considered.
The Selection Committee will make the final determination for the awarding of the scholarships based on the established criteria. The recipient will be announced on May 30, 2008.
How do I contribute to the scholarship funds at INM?
There are many ways to help students through the Institute for Natural Medicine. You can contribute to INM, knowing that your money will be given both as grants and scholarships. You can also set up a scholarship or fellowship fund of your own at INM. If you are interested in starting a scholarship fund please contact INM.
Members of the community can support INM efforts by making tax-deductible donations directly to INM. Support naturopathic medical education, consumer education and research!
For more information about the INM, or to make a donation, please contact Sue Yirku, INM Executive Director at (503) 552- 2005 or www.naturemed.org
For information about our sponsor, visit http://standardprocess.com
2008 Application as PDF